promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Is this Lockdown the Nail in the Coffin, Straw that broke Camel's back, for some Movie Theaters?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Movie theaters, small restaurants, the airline industry, the cruise industry, the hotel industry, the petroleum industry, the sports industry, the music industry. By the end of April our unemployment will possibly be higher than it was during the Great Depression.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

drives in movies will be popular

• 2 months ago

Definitely, because people are going to get used to staying home to watch movies. Even some of the new ones are coming out early for home viewing. If you and the family can watch something new on your big screen tv for $20 and  make your own popcorn, why go out? 

• 2 months ago

Things weren't that great at the movie theaters with high food prices and people on their phones during movies. Might as well pay less to stream new releases.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Its broke the back of many things life will no longer be as we know it it's a watershed of the greed and selfishness of capitalism no one is too rich to catch it 

• 2 months ago

Well, in some cases, the movie theater industry was already suffering due to the option to stream via Netflix, Hulu, and other services. I think this only exacerbates the losses and impact that movie theaters were experiencing before this pandemic. There will be some or perhaps many theaters that will close permanently. However, I think that depends on how much money these businesses had in their reserves. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They've digging their own grave for decades.  The last time I went I spent $20 for a popcorn and a coke.  The greedy liberal actors have driven the cost up so much that families don't even go anymore.

• John W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably a lot of small businesses will not make it through this unscathed,  but most movie theaters are owned by large corporations.

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It could be the upheaval of a lot of cultural institutions and norms going forward, including higher education, religious services, shopping activities, and medical care.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.