Why do most of today's Christians believe Spiritual gifts only happened BACK THEN when "POWER" is recv'd when we become Christians?

Don't they know we (((MUST))) "Witness" His "POWER" (Acts 1:22) that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)?

Don't they know that's when JESUS "chooses and ordains" us (Acts 1:22; John 15:16) to become Christians (I Corinthians 12:11-13)?

Don't they know that's when JESUS (I Corinthians 15:45) QUICKENS us back to life (Ephesians 2:1) from our "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12; I Corinthians 15:21-22) IAW I Cor 15?

Don't they know "GOD is not the GOD of the DEAD" (Mark 12:27)?

• User

I might be mistaken

but

I'm pretty sure that most of today's Christians - by a huge margin - don't believe what you claim they believe.

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that

and the Church of Christ believe that

but most other Christians don't believe that.

The "power" is not ours or something that can be obtained. The "how and when" is determined by the will of the Holy Spirit, not of our own free will. Many Christians today are not living by the Spirit and truth in order to become the "branch" or means through which that living water flows to others. Likewise, the "fruit" is not ours or the result of a power that we can possess. John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." All who have been saved can be blessed and used in this way.

Spiritual gifts happen all the time. Those gifts are not necessarily "power" in the sense of supernatural power like healing the sick or speaking in tongues. You must allow god to choose those he wants whether you like it or not. We who believe are here to serve.

Most christians are never taught that in church so know no better.

Good bye from Africa 5.30pm

Not true in my experience. Jehovah's Witnesses do make that claim but not real Christians.