About the checks coming out because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have read you have to of had filed a 2019\18 tax return. To receive anything?

Unless your only income was SS, yes.

Unless you receive social security that is correct.

So you have just admitted to tax fraud.  Being paid "under the table" does not mean you "couldn't file."  The law requires you to file a tax return whenever you get paid for working, even if your employer does not report the payment to the IRS.  In order to get a stimulus check, you must obey the tax law and file a return reporting ALL your income.

• Kieth

That's how it works, people who are on social security can get them too. The government will send you a direct deposit or check using the information from your Form SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement or your Form RRB-1099 Social Security Equivalent Benefit Statement.

==== CONTINUED FROM ORIGINAL QUESTION====

I've been working under the table (paid cash weekly) no taxes taken so couldn't file. Is there anyway I can become eligible to receive this. My jobs been shut down for weeks. Noy even gonna be able to pay for food let alone rent. Any insight & or help would be DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

Source(s): ORGINAL POST BY DAVE57204