promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

About the checks coming out because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have read you have to of had filed a 2019\18 tax return. To receive anything?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Unless your only income was SS, yes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Unless you receive social security that is correct.

• 2 months ago

So you have just admitted to tax fraud.  Being paid "under the table" does not mean you "couldn't file."  The law requires you to file a tax return whenever you get paid for working, even if your employer does not report the payment to the IRS.  In order to get a stimulus check, you must obey the tax law and file a return reporting ALL your income.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's how it works, people who are on social security can get them too. The government will send you a direct deposit or check using the information from your Form SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement or your Form RRB-1099 Social Security Equivalent Benefit Statement.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

==== CONTINUED FROM ORIGINAL QUESTION====

I've been working under the table (paid cash weekly) no taxes taken so couldn't file. Is there anyway I can become eligible to receive this. My jobs been shut down for weeks. Noy even gonna be able to pay for food let alone rent. Any insight & or help would be DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

Source(s): ORGINAL POST BY DAVE57204
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.