promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

i was 5'11 feet tall when i was 20! Now i am 22 and my height is like 5'10 or 5'9.5. is this possible?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Well i guess you either measured wrong before or you have shrank.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • balan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You must have acquired fat around the body Hence the height may look like shrunk.Reduce the fat and you will get your

lost height.Regards.

• 2 months ago

Yes it's possible, and here's why:

-You measured yourself incorrectly the first time.

-You measured yourself incorrectly this time. Try and get another reliable tape measure and have someone accurately measure you, whilst stood with your feet flat to the floor, head straight forward and heels all the way back to the wall.

-You measured yourself at the end of the day this time. You shrink around half an inch at the end of the day due to the spine relaxing after a long day of sitting upright, walking and standing. It compresses the discs in your spine and at the end of the day needs to relax. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Did you measure yourself in the morning or the evening?

The backbone compresses over the day and relaxes at night, stretching; that could change your height quite a bit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe you were wearing shoes

• 2 months ago

Before you get all panicky, remeasure yourself again... this time do it first thing out of the bed in the morning, stand erect... no slouching with bare feet flat on the floor.

As the day wears on, you'll actually shrink a tad because your spine will compress from your weight throughout the day.

Measure yourself again in the evening and you'll see a slight difference between the two measurements. 

Measure yourself over several days and then you can get enough data to figure out your "average" height.

It's also possible that the measurement taken at 20 or the one at 22 OR both, was less than accurate... even if it was done at a doctors office.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

if you drink lots of soda and colas daily

then it is possible

colas remove the calcium from the bones

as phosphates in urine

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you say "like" do you mean similar to? 5'10" is quite similar to 5' 11".

• Mirage
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If people gain some weight they will shrink a bit, cause the weight weighs you down. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe you were stretching, first time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.