Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?

Basketball and football were invented by white people (James Naismith and Walter Camp). Blues derived from Celtic music. Jazz derived from classical music. Rap derived from the German electronic band Kraftwerk. White people invented the electric guitar,electric bass,saxophone,harmonica,synthesizer, piano and computer (used for making most modern music including rap beats). Soul food is a hodgepodge of Native American and European food. BBQ is taíno food. Gumbo is cajun. Fried chicken is Scottish. Waffles are Belgian. Peanut butter was invented by the Incas. Cornbread, hoecakes, grits are Native American food. Chitlins are French. The t shirt was invented by white people (U.S. navy). Blue jeans were invented by a Jew. Nike was invented by a White American (Phil Knight). Adidas was invented by an actual Nazi German (Adolf Dassler). Hoodies originated from Anglo saxons.

And Elvis ripped black people off? Please. 

As far as talent goes, Elvis. He still has one of the most recognizable singing voices in world, and he was a true entertainer. They were both victims of doctors who really did not care about them. 

Jåcksôn was far over rated & hd the lst 

name of raging I9c rcist so I'm going to side

w/Presly for now but maybe chnge my 

mind, yo!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• audrey

I like them both, but I'm old so I'd have to say Elvis. Lol

So, a child molester or a talentless hack? Neither, thanks.

But I'll say this for Elvis, at least he made financial contributions to homes for the elderly blues musicians who he based his career on ripping off. At least his drug-addled brain could still register shame and embarrassment. 

The only ones Michael Jackson housed were animals for his private zoo.

The differences in how they behaved are probably due to the race aspect, because that meant they were treated differently even while seated at the apex of music and money. I can't describe the dynamic adequately, I haven't done any research and serious analysis.

But I can tell you this, both Jackson's and Presley's branches of music owed EVERYTHING to the old blues musicians, and they both treated them horribly.

"Motown" was basically a less-murderous Jonestown cult that stole old bluesmen's riffs, disguised them,  and brainwashed and exploited new young black artists. And among the white rockers, Led Zeppelin didn't even bother to hide it, they stole DIRECTLY, they didn't even disguise anything. Even a judge who was well-known as a crook and a racist, and who was an admitted fan, ended up having to rule against them in a court case with the old bluesmen.

Every single branch of modern American music owes them FOREVER, from country & western to Beyonce to hip-hop to rap to techno to punk, and yes, to that new "neoclassical" stuff that almost sounds like it was written by 18th century Euro composers who time-travelled. 

And the influences are ALSO international. Did you know there are millionaire superstars who rap in Arabic? And hard@$$ rockers like out of the 1970s --- who sing in Spanish? The best classical American-style folk singing and guitar I've ever heard in my life was by a fella raised in Hong Kong, and his bass player and harmony singer was born in Nairobi. And ol' Woody Guthrie woulda been PROUD of his influences that you could spot in their stuff.

Just because you can afford to buy a king's crown, and hire publicity agents to disseminate claims that you built the kingdom, well, it ain't necessarily so. 

Presley and Jackson weren't nuthin'.

Source(s): "The Blues had a baby and they named it rock and roll."
  • Robert

Is there a question about the two corpses that you mentioned?

Prince and Connie Francis.

MJ and EP I'm kinda sick of. 🥴