Are we gonna die from the virus?

My wife and I had a home karaoke session last night using the same mic, then today we found out one of her coworkers tested positive for the virus.  Are we going to die?

Stay at home and if one develops symptoms go get tested, hang in there man, difficult times nowadays.  

• Edna

No .. you're not going to die; not even if you contract corona virus from handling a mic that an infected person had handled the night before. Corona virus can survive on hard surfaces for only about 24 hours. 

Even if you DID contract corona virus, you're not likely to die from it. If you're in reasonably good health and if you have no pre-existing, serious respiratory problems and if your immune system isn't already suppressed, the effects of coronavirus on you would be about the same as a case of the flu or a bad cold. You might have to self-quarantine yourself in your home for about 10-14 days until the symptoms subside, to keep from spreading the infection, but that's about all.

• Edna

Terry - I am NOT wrong. My BIL is an MD & my sister is an RN. I expect they know more about coronavirus than you ever could. Stop giving in to panic. Go to the CDC website & the CDC will tell you how long the virus can survive on hard surfaces.

depends on age and health conditions, compromised resistance

• RP

Something like four out of five people who become sick from the virus will recover with no serious problem(s) or complication(s). Hence, it is unlikely you will die.

• Todd2 months agoReport

I think its more like 98 or 99 out of 100...if 4 out of 5 that means 20%!

no you will need to self isolate all will be well I am praying for your safety

There is less than a 2% chance of dying with the virus. Most (IF you get it) will experience a flu type illness and will recover. IF you are infected then the chances of recovery are good, unless you have major underlying medical conditions?

• Kieth

Over ten times more people recover from the virus than die from it.

Sure, some of us will.

maybe. u should wait 2 weeks

Write your will just in case.