will I get a stimulus check?

I was on ssdi until Nov. of 2019, than started drawing ssi. have not filed taxes since 1998. am I entitled a stimulus check & if so how much and when?

• Judy

yes but you might have to file a simple return. They're developing the form now.

• A.J.

"Am I entitled a stimulus check?" - Should be: "Am I eligible to receive a stimulus check?" - Yes. There are enough Republican strings attached the word "entitled" is not best choice. Nobody is entitled to anything by statements made.

"how much?" - $1200

"when?" - Action from you will be required. Never, until you file an online form that does not exist yet. Sometime before the end of May if all goes the way its planned.

To assure the most accurate information, I reference an AARP article, recently updated:

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/inf...

"According to the latest information from the IRS, “some seniors and others who typically do not file returns will need to submit a simple tax return to receive the stimulus payment.” However, the IRS has yet to specify what constitutes a “simple tax return.” If you didn’t file a tax return in 2018 or 2019, the IRS is saying you will need to file one. The IRS says it will provide information “soon” on how to file a simple tax return."

The first batch of money goes to a set of people with accurate direct deposit information on file with the IRS based on tax return filing of 2019, and then 2018.

A web site will be created that provides a way to tell the IRS direct deposit update information for those who had wrong info, received paper checks or paid the IRS. It should also direct what a "simple tax return" is. Some people are rushing to file 2019 taxes even if not required to do so. This may or may not help. They are avoiding PAPER CHECKS. That would be a last resort.

The larger money is for corporation bailout.

• Murzy

You will only get one if you filed a tax return in 2018.

Not unless you file a 2019 tax return.  Right now.

Mark is wrong.  You don't need to be employed to receive a stimulus check.  However, you must have filed a tax return either for 2018 or 2019.