Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How can I go out in public without getting in trouble when their is a lockdown in my city?

The governor and mayor in my state has issued an shelter in place order meaning that no one is allowed out. People are only allowed out to go to work, care for a loved one and to go to the grocery store and pharmacy. I have schizophrenia and so being trapped in the house isn't an option for me. I have to go out and either go for a ride in my car or go and walk around somewhere. How can I go out without getting in trouble during this lockdown ? What is an excuse that I can use ?

• Clive

You don't. And if you look more closely, you may find there is an exception for going out for some exercise.

There is no place in the US where people aren't allowed to walk or drive around as long as they maintain proper social distancing. We're under "lockdown" and still ride bikes and scooter around our own neighborhood.

As I told you yesterday, filming video for your YouTube channel isn't considered essential.

• Maxi

Go and get your medication and DO AS YOU ARE TOLD otherwise you will be one of the many that die

• ♥Sweetness♥

Or one of the many who spread this to someone who can't fight it off. That is what passes me off right now. How many assume that the rules just do not apply to them. 

What is an excuse you can use? "I have schizophrenia and so being trapped in the house isn't an option for me."

You can go to one of those places.

There are no excuses. Lockdowns apply to everyone. Take a quick trip to the store and buy a few groceries. That will get you out, but as far as trying to con the authorities, if you are caught there is nothing you are going to say to them that is going to prevent you from being in trouble. Everyone is expected to abide by the law; simple as that.

BS, you can and are just fine sheltering in place.  You are doing so to protect yourself and others and defying the order doesn't help.  Don't let your delusions put you at risk, or put you at risk from being put into a padded cell..

• PAMELA

Carry a shopping bag and say you are going to buy food, you are allowed to do that!

• You are allowed to leave, it's an order to prevent spread is the reason, but you are still free to get out. Curfew if there is one where you are is when you should not be out n about aimlessly.