Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My mom is rude to my grandma?

I noticed that my mom is very rude with my grandmother. She always talks bad behind her back, calling her names, but then when she calls her she acts normal and “nice” my grandma is sick and asks for some stuff to be done like bring her food, and do some errands. This makes my mom very furious to make her talk even more badly about her. She thinks my grandma is privileged and entitled for this, and gets offended if she calls her to bring her food randomly. My mom has power of attorney over her, and gets furious when my grandma says she will remove her from it to another sister, she feels she does everything for her, but really it’s mostly been my brother and I doing things for her, taking her to appointment and bring her food. She always complains and then talks bad about her, if she ever does anything for her. My grandmother raised me and my brothers since we were very little and our mom was in a different country. Even when she got here she always sent us to our grandmothers house. I feel that my mom just wants to be power of attorney over her and I don’t know why, they almost always get in arguments, and I just hate when my mom talks poorly over my grandmother.. using very bad words against her, I always want to tell her what she says, but I know it will hurt her and cause very bad drama. Is there anyway I can let my grandma know someone more genuine should be her power of attorney? 

maybe someone else should get power of attorney

• Carmen

Unfortunately those who suppose to show natural affection toward others especially their parent regardless of their age limitations health etc they don't especially when it's their duty first to honor your parents whether you are their guardian or not second because you took on the check to be a guardian keep helping your grandmother and pray your mom appreciate her mom more while she can and show more love respect and patience with her and remember who took care and birth her.

It very well could be over money.