promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are grits and pancakes too much starch?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the same meal? Yes, unless both are very small portions. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would serve only one of them. In my opinion yes too much starch.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the same meal?  probably.

In the same day, not really.

As long as its not 'every day'! 

• 2 months ago

Compared to what?  In what way?  Both grits (ground corn) and pancakes (ground wheat) are made from starchy grains/carbohydrates.  Starches/carbohydrates are broken down into glucose/glycogen in your body.  Glycogen spikes insulin, decreases fat burning, and increasing inflammation.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • SW-6
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Both are delicious, in my house both are the main part of meals, so, IMO, yes you got a bit much of starch going on there.  Do one or the other with some sausage, hash browns, eggs and OJ.  Don't forget to include time we eat when you send me an invite :)

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All carbs and quickly converted and consumed as glucose. yes to much starch. 

• 2 months ago

At the same time it would be, yeah.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

depends on what you like. i've never considered that combo but it might work. i enjoy stuffing and mashed potatoes at thanksgiving, so I can't knock this until i tried it. i would think that if the grits were a little savory (cheezy garlic jalapeno grits let's say) and the pancakes were regular pancakes with syrup, i'd like that better for the existence of variety between menu items. plain grits and regular pancakes would be a little dull.

• 2 months ago

If you are talking about serving the two at the same meal it is not something that I would want. 

• 2 months ago

Pancakes are not as bad as some other types of cakes etc, provided you do not use sugar in the mix, and you serve them unsugared. If you use wholemeal flour or add a little wheatbran to white flour, this will reduce the GI. If you use milk to make the mix, use skimmed. Can't help about grits, have not a clue as to what these are, either they are something we don't have here [GB] or we have a different name for them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.