Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Do you think my dad was wrong?

I had relatives at my place and their kids had come along too(my cousins).

We all cousins decided to use my computer and play some games.We all suck at gaming but one of my cousin is really good at it so i asked him to join us and help us finish missions and stuff.(We were playing GTA).

So we were having a good time and my dad saw us play and said that this guy (the cousin who's good at gaming) obviously can't do anything other than use his phone and computer.Then my cousin said that he felt bad by my dads remark.He was like why do you constantly insult me.Everyone was using the computer not just me so why do you get insulted by you always.Then i stepped in and told my dad how wrong he was to insult guests and we are obligated to make sure that we don't hurt our guests or make them feel bad as long as they live with us which pissed him off big time.

yes,i think he was wrong for that

I think YOU were wrong. You compounded what was already an awkward situation. For some reason your dad doesn't like your cousin and said what he said.(wrong to insult a guest) The cousin stuck up for himself and argued back with your dad. (wrong to insult your host) Then YOU stuck your nose into an argument that was nothing to do with you. You disrespected your own father in his own house by openly and publicly siding with your cousin in an argument he was probably winning on his own. Yes indeed you have pissed him off bigtime. He now knows his own child has no respect for him whatsoever and was happy to embarrass him in front of guests in his own home. OK your dad started it by making a flippant comment. Maybe he does it a lot to this kid. It may be that he, as your father, thinks the cousin lords it over his child too much so doesn't like him. We don't know why he doesn't particularly like this cousin of yours but he obviously doesn't. I'm assuming you are all teens so the cousin decides to flip and be rude to his uncle (wrong) and then you give daddy the double-whammy by insulting him and sticking up for clever cousin. WRONG. Go and grovel at once to make things better with your dad You may find out why he doesn't like your cousin and it may well be because he thought he was defending you. GROVEL AT ONCE.

Your Dad is a retard and hopefully learnt his lesson