Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I think my girlfriend is a slob and really lazy?

She doesnt do house cleaning stuff or dust. She doesn't even take care of herself. 

I'm the one always trying to live decent. If I stop for a while it gets so gross. 

Shes full of excuses and snaps ar me if I talk about it. 

It's not worth the nice things she does a more. I feel like it's too much extra work for me and stress living in her house. Everyone I ever dated had a clean room, clean kitchen, dust free home or apt.  They also were more vibrant. Calm, worked out. 

I cant tell the living perks away from my anger sometimes. I hate this area, the creepy weird neighbors.

I dont want to move yet or call it quits.

I feel like I come down on her like a parent. She says I dont live her enough, but really? 

Is she giving me reason to?

I mean I do love her, and feel sorry for her. Shes always on about her ex mistreating her. I get sick of hearing it.

• JimTom

She might be a little depressed, but its from here own doing, she isnt doing anything to help herself or better herself. Maybe as your last resort, you can try and make her feel more motivated, and feel excited and do something together. She needs to quit moping around and occupy herself with something, keep her mind busy, maybe her sleep pattern and diet is all F'd up and not consistent, which can make a huge difference too. Short of that, it may be time to step away from her, before it drags you down too. Its good that you are being patient, and pro active about getting it fixed, so its not you to blame.

Your gf seems very depressed and ill.

maybe shes having medical issues making it hard for her to do that, and maybe you should help her out

do yourself a favour. if she's no respect for herself you're goin to be taken for granted. Walk

• Tj

RUN from this...why are you putting yourself thru this?

So why are you living with her at all? You have no kids to damage…...yet......with your unhappy relationship with this woman. She doesn't like housework - unlike your previous girlfriends. Do you ever do any housework or is that her domain and below you? Whatever. You aren't happy. You aren't making her happy with your carping about microbes and dust. Just pack your bags and leave. Get yourself an apartment where you can live in clinical spendour and just visit the old messy home when you want sex with her.  You'll both be happier apart.

Was she like this before you met? If so, you expected to much.

Maybe be more patient, if not then stay as long as you feel you can handle it, or see change if she's trying. 

Whatever is making her unhappy you can also address unless it's you, which it doesn't sound like.

• M.P.

Why don't you just break up with her? She's not holding a gun to your head, go find somebody else who will accept and love you for who you are, if you are such an amazing treasure of a man, I'm sure many women will be knocking on your door! You must be very special, and have a great job, like a doctor or a lawyer, a mayor or a CEO of a company! Women love men in power, they take care of them and pamper them, keep themselves and house impeccable because their man brings home the bacon - the big money- and they reward their man for being so successful! If you are successful, you should have your pick of any woman you want, forget her! But...if you're not successful and have a bad job and are not smart with money....well, maybe this woman is the best you can do? Maybe better women are not for you because they're busy with better men, so this lady is the best you can hope for? Sorry.

She is depressed and she probably hates herself too. In my opinion you need to just leave or try to motivate her.