How to get replacement drivers license though the mail?

Hello, I live in nyc and as you may know the corona virus has **** down a lot of the government buildings, including the dmv. I need a replacement drivers license because I lost my old one some months ago. I can’t go the dmv and they’re but they say on their website that you can do it through mail.

How do I go about doing this? Do I need to print out a application or is there another way to go about this? The sooner I can have my license the better, thanks

*shut down

Sorry typo

I would probably do it through the mail, kind of like exactly what you said.  You could try doing it through the mail without involving the mail, but where's the fun in that.

• Edna

The DMV offices might be closed for business now (meaning they're not giving written tests or road tests), but there's going to be someone in the office who will  answer the phone and tell you what you need to do, in order to get a replacement license for the one you've lost or misplaced. If you have a valid, unexpired driver's license they can probably send you a new one through the mail. The DMV already has all the information about you stored in their computer database. You're probably going to have to pay a small fee for the replacement license, but they can tell you how to do that. 

• May

follow directions on the DMV website

Can't do it unless theirs been a change in policy. They always snap your picture at the BMV for each new license. Also, the new "Real ID" requires you to present several documents at the BMV to get your next new license or ID.

The DMV wasn't shut down months ago so this is what you deserve for procrastinating. Good luck.

Why not visit the NY DMV site and get the answers first hand.

• Scott

In my state, the DMV has a website you can use to renew registrations, obtain a replacement license, and other things. It's all done online.