promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is a woman supposed to keep her wedding bands from a previous marriage?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope; woman should've flushed old bands down the toilet.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

HYou got divorced for a reason why keep them? Now ask your husband how he feels about you keeping them around

• 2 months ago

Once divorced, she's no longer wed to previous grooms. Once widowed, she's no longer wed... it's not legal in the USA to marry a dead person. So whether she wants to keep her wedding bands or not is likely up to her. There is no "supposed to" about this, It's personal. If she's children from varied fathers.. the kids might care about the wedding ring decades later.

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's up to the woman. Opinions vary widely.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Its her ring so why not, I wore mine during marriage for 20 years and when I did take it off a few years after divorce I put it in jewellery box

• 2 months ago

I would think if there were children from that marriage she might want to pass them on to those kids when old enough. But totally up to her. Might not want to if thing were horrible in the marriage.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Theres nothing that says she HAS to, but, depending on the circumstances, they may still hold some sentimental value. And theyre usually fairly pricy, but can be difficult to sell second hand. Makes sense to hold on to them rather than throwing them away or selling them cheap

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I guess if her previous husband died and she wanted to keep them yes I could understand that. 

Why someone would want to keep such  trinkets of failiure in their life I don't understand. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.