promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

are Nvidia gpus generally better for crypto mining?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It depends on which Cryptocurrency you're mining. Some mine better with AMD cards and some mine better with Nvidia cads. You would have to do some research to see what's most profitable with your GPU.

AMD cards used to be better for Crypto mining but now that's not always the case. There was a time when there was nothing worth mining with a Nvidia card. About 4 or so years ago a bunch of new Cryptocurrencies popped up that mine better with some cards over others.

But yeah, it's really tough to make any money mining at this moment in time because the profit margins are so thin. There are a lot of people who didn't stop mining after the boom happened 2-3 years ago which is why the profit margins are so tight. Most of these miners operate out of mining farms which are located in places where electricity is really cheap, so it's tough to compete against them.

It's better to buy Cryptocurrency outright. You could mine and perhaps sell off your earnings when or if Cryptocurrency rises in value. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

the market has crashed. you can't make money doing crypto mining any more

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.