Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are you for or against male circumcision?

For it: It prevents infection, reduces phimosis (retraction) and paraphimosis (return to normal position), reduces STDs and penile cancer and cervical cancer (in women who have sex with them). Many Jewish laws kept them safe (diet laws, etc.) and many Jewish laws remind them to be humane (humane killing of livestock to prevent livestock from suffering).

• The Stranger2 months agoReport

Retraction and return of a foreskin are part of its normal function, not something to be reduced or avoided. Normal penile hygiene overcomes the other alleged 'risks' of having  a foreskin.  Removal of the foreskin greatly reduces penile sensitivity but does slightly reduce risk of catching HIV.

Against its cosmetic and not Christian 

I oppose male circumcision but am quite comfortable with circumcision in females.

Mildly in favor of it. It offers marginal health and hygiene advantages.

That is a personal decision. The Bible says at  Galatians  5:6 “For in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any value, but faith operating through love is.”

So, since we are know longer under the mosaic law it doesn’t mater to God, so other people shouldn’t get involved in other people’s business but.

I found this interesting it said. Jesus did say: “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.” (Matthew 5:17) But what does the expression “to fulfill” mean? To illustrate: A builder fulfills a contract to complete a building, not by ripping up the contract, but by finishing the structure. However, once the work has been completed to the client’s satisfaction, the contract is fulfilled and the builder is no longer under obligation to it. Likewise, Jesus did not break, or rip up, the Law; rather, he fulfilled it by keeping it perfectly. Once fulfilled, that Law “contract” was no longer binding on God’s people.

Source(s): Www.jw.org
    • 2 months agoReport

Going to church and spreading Covid-19 around is just what God wants. Then we can get on a plane and spread the virus some more. Americans are really dumb, right? It's Gods punishment for Americans being thick, dumb and stupid. The Book of the Apocrypha v 1-19.

For, especially since we live longer these days. I take care of geriatrics, and the ones that aren't circumcised have way more genital issues than ones who aren't. I even asked my parents to let me get that done when I was 14 because the benefits outweigh the risks

• 2 months agoReport

I will always be against body mutilation. If that person wanted to have it done sure but not on a baby. 

• 2 months agoReport

I'm against it when performed on babies, little boys, and teens when done for non-medical reasons. 

For adults who are consenting to have it done or for boys who have a genuine medical reason I'm for it.

I'd like to see it outlawed on everyone under 21 except for medical reasons. 

• 2 months agoReport

• Sky

I am against it when it is inflicted on someone (1) without their consent, and/or (2) when they are far too young to even comprehend what's going on, let alone give consent, ie. during infancy.  It is a violation of a person's bodily autonomy and is as wrong as cutting off a toe or earlobe or doing any other permanent body modification.  I do admit that a circumcised penis looks better than an uncircumcised penis, but the choice to have it done should be left exclusively to the individual who owns the penis once they reach adulthood, or at least have passed the age of reason when they can start to make their own fully informed decisions.

• Sky

What does your culty rant have to do with the matter of circumcision?  This is completely unrelated to the current pandemic virus that's going around.  And yes, Americans are really dumb.  Look at who they elected president, the religious cult leaders they throw money at, etc.

• Paul

Neutral. Nothing wrong with it, but also no specific reason to do it.

No I'm not.