promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

paint for door?

the doors in front and back of my house are yellowing bad. i want to apint them but do not want the brush marks...i can not spray them cuz it is cold here. what is a good paint to use?

could i roll them and give them the texture look? just do not want the brush marks so any idea's out there

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh, good grief!  Don't try to paint it yourself - you'll just make a mess of it. Take your car to a shop that professionally re-paints cars. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

If you use the right paint, there won't be any brush marks!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

WRONG FORUM. Need to go to the Home & Garden category. This is  Cars & Transportation. Moving a question isn't exactly rocket science. Neither is asking a professional who works at a paint shop.

• 2 months ago

Try using a paint pad. They are flat with plastic handles. They don't leave brush strokes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
  • 2 months ago

If the doors are smooth, a roller will work fine. If they have a lot of irregular surfaces then you have to brush or spray the paint on. You can yank one door at a time and paint it in the house or garage on saw horses where it's warmer. Just create an operating room that is covered with paper or plastic before the paint flies.

• KatieC
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I used Valspar Duramax on our front door after a light sanding, and it’s holding up well. Use a good quality mini foam roller (like the ones you would use on cabinets), and you won’t have any brushstrokes. Make sure you use thin light coats instead of blobbing it on, or you will be able to see that spongy texture from the roller. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.