promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Tips to get over envy of others “perfect” lives?

Update:

Not just talking more “stuff”

Talking seemingly perfect friendships, family, work, etc etc

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I am going to let you in on a real-life,  honest-to-goodness Secret.

Nobody has a perfect life. It is all an illusion. People tend to only want you to know what they want you to know about themselves. There are people who seem like they have the perfect life but some of them, in reality, don't have the perfect life behind closed doors. With private and personal matters of their relationships, their inner demons, their insecurities, and their financial State of Affairs are not common knowledge.

Therefore the feeling of Envy is a complete and total waste of emotion, time, and energy.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're only seeing a highly edited and photo-shopped version of their lives, a lot of fakery designed to make it LOOK like a perfect life. Yeah, Virg & Mary posted pictures of them having the time of their lives baking bread together, playing with the dog together, washing their new car together. But what about all the stuff they don't post pictures of like fighting about who does the kitchen work, about how it's done, like fighting about pet hair everywhere and who cleans up the dog poop, like fighting about the choice of car and finding the money to pay for it. 

• 2 months ago

I've never been able to turn off my feelings. 

There's always going to be someone who is doing better than you are, has more than you do, seems happier than you...I'd just learn to live with that fact. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ask them how they did it so you can do it too

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Realize that despite appearances, no one's life is perfect. Find ways to make yourself happy, to make your life fulfilling instead of wasting time being envious of others. 

• 2 months ago

Nobody's life is perfect even if it seems so from the outside. Forget about other people's apparently wonderful lives and focus on your own.

Make your own friends, have fun with them, read, listen to music, go for a walk. Get lots of sleep, and now and again eat something green.

• 2 months ago

focus on those who are worse off than you and then feel sorry for them.

• 2 months ago

Haha, no such thing. No life is perfect, and if it somehow seems like it is, then it won't last. Things are always changing 🤣

• 2 months ago

Jealousy is really terrible !

Honestly we all experience Jealousy , I mean, to varying degrees, we all have ever been jealous of others ,right?

We must best unhealthy Jealousy psychologically.

• 2 months ago

Those people's "perfect" lives are mostly illusion and the truth is that everyone has problems.  And having more stuff doesn't always mean fewer problems, it can often mean more problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.