Anonymous

How can I find another job in Alabama during the COVID-19 outbreak?

I got laid off due to the Coronavirus Pandemic and I just want to get back to work. I have at least 50 applications for jobs out there and I haven’t received a single call back. Everyone I talk to says that I should apply for unemployment. I don’t really care about the risk of getting sick. I just want to work again.

Help older people with their shopping lists. Good tips there. Apply for FPUA like everyone else.

Supermarkets, pizza delivery. In person is probably better than online. Stay 6+ feet away.

• Way before Covid 19, I applied to hundreds of jobs and only received call backs from a hand full of them. Check if you can file for unemployment on line. 

Try applying for jobs that are more essential like gas stations, convenience stores and grocery stores, wal mart, drug stores / pharmacies, even some ware houses may still be working. If you don't want to risk getting sick then consider filing for unemployment, on line.

Lots of jobs are shut down right now.

• Steve

You should be concerned about getting sick. Theres no telling how your body will react to the virus no matter your youth or current health. Not to mention that if you have a job and get the virus, you cant work for a while thus possibly losing the job anyway.

You'd do better to just stay unemployed for a month or so, stay inside and play video games and watch Netflix.  Then jobs will be plentiful because every business will be opening up again.  And you won't die from the virus!

Where I live there are Help Wanted signs everywhere!  Two flyers have landed on my front porch in the last couple of weeks offering employment.  One was from the local Wendy's, for $17/hr.  The other was Fed Ex for $19/hr.  (Of course, here in California, you could hardly live on that.)