vic asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 2 months ago

Does cold weather create wind?

I notice in winter there is always a breeze making a low wind chill but in the hot summer when i could use even a slight breeze there is no wind at all, my guess is heat supresses wind but cold makes it blow, am I correct?

Well actually it’s windy in the summer during thunderstorms and that’s about it butbin winter there always seensvto be a ice cold breeze, maybe it’s a ohio thing

No. Cold mixing with warm can make it blow. But wind is mainly caused by pressure systems. If your pressure is dropping, you’ll probably get wind. If a high pressure system moves over you, you’ll have sunny skies and very little wind. 

Wind is created by differences in air pressure.

heat does not suppress wind but cold makes it blow, so no, you are not correct.  not even close.

• Ben

What the hell are you talking about? It's never windy in the summer? You either haven't lived or have terrible observation skills.