promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are liquor stores essential in South Carolina?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

To keep liquor stores open is asinine. These employees encounter 100’s of people a day 1000’s a week to save the few who refuse to get help for there addiction. You should just put a sign up that says we sell vodka, bourbon, tequila... and each purchase comes with a guarantee exposure to the CORONAVIRUS!!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, in the worst case scenarios there are many people who, without liquor or withdrawal supervision and medication, will in fact die. And no, beer is not good enough. I've seen alcoholics go through a 30 case a beer a night.

• 2 months ago

They aren't essential anywhere.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Liquor stores are essential everywhere. In SC they are operated by independent

owners but in NC the State runs them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Having gone through this in California, I'm sure South Carolina will be announcing a more specific list, but as of now - it's really a list of closures and liquor stores are not on it https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/03/31/sc-governor...  If the liquor stores in SC sell only liquor (and especially if state run) they could be closed - like in Pennsylvania. If they are really more like corner markets and carry foods and dry goods - they most likely won't be closed. In California - they have actually EXPANDED who can sell take-out and delivery liquor to any restaurant with a liquor license. The restaurants are selling all kinds of stuff like margarita kits and martinis for two, etc. Oh - and our marijuana dispensaries are under the essential category too.

• 2 months ago

i dont think so

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Liquor is essential everywhere.

If professionally produced (and TAXED) product is not available,  the People will begin experimenting making their own cheaper (unTaxed) poisons. Just like in prohibition.

The South is well known for bootlegging, anyway.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When I was there in 1971, they called them package stores.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are considered essential in NJ.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.