Tiffany and Co. Piece?

I came across this piece amongst other jewelry my grandparents had. On first hand it looks like it could be a money clip, but then you attempt to bend it as if you were adding money/credit cards and you feel like it will permanently bend/not bounce back to its original shape. The back of the piece says “Tiffany & Co. 925 Sterling”. This is likely quite old and I know it is no longer sold from the company. Does anyone maybe have thoughts on the purpose of this piece? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Murzy

It may be a book mark.

This is a shoe ornament and they were usually sold in pairs.

You can take a woman's show and place the ornamental clip right on the front where your foot slips in.  You can still buy women's shoe ornaments today and they clip on much like this one.  They make a plain pair of pumps fancy for special occasions.

The notation of "925 sterling" means that this piece of silver shoe jewelry is almost 100% pure silver and thus it is valuable.

Besides all that, it is a very pretty Art Deco design.

If I could use one word to describe this it would be "Jackpot!"

And you can take it to any jeweler for verification and a cash appraisal.