lqsers asked in SportsOther - Sports · 2 months ago

landing on ollie?

I'm new to skating, been about for 4 months or so, I decided to finally learn how to ollie. I can land them and do them while holding on to something pretty high, however when I do them while riding or stationary I can do them high, but I can only land them with my front foot. Even when I have my shoulders aligned It's not going to the side or anything, I just simply can't land my back foot on it and it's going too far away from my back foot. I've watched a ton of tutorials and can't find anything, any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

During an ollie, it's normal to have your back foot go off the boar, but it has to come back down and land on the board. Your issue is that your back foot goes off, and doesn't go back on the board. This seems like a commitment problem. Try to put focus on your back foot and be aware of it coming off the board. Once you're aware then make sure when it comes off, it is centered on the board so when it comes back down, both feet are on. You can also practice this while holding onto something so you can focus even more on your back foot. I hope this helped!

Was that Oliver Hardy?

i wouldnt do it if youre having a hard time with it, you could get hurt