promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Rose asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

Is he looking at my stuff? ?

So I have a computer that used to be my brothers, and had his account, I removed his account but I'm always paranoid if he can see my stuff, can he though? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

only if he knows your log in info.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

no he can't see the stuff.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well if he knew all about how to do that then yes it is possible. The best thing to do is either format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system from scratch (I recommend formatting using the computer’s BIOS if it has a feature that can securely wipe the hard drive. If it is a Dell, it most likely has a secure wipe feature) or just replace the hard drive with a brand new one and install Windows on it from scratch.

• 2 months ago

If it was his and he knew how, yes he could have left a number of monitoring software apps on there and you wouldnt know. Best thing to do is reinstall windows yourself from a safe sourec.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Normally, the only way would be if you willingly gave access to him. But, if he's very computer savvy — and has some flaws in his character — then yes, he could've set up a way to get remote access through a script (e.g, a little program that would perform a task if you clicked a certain file in your computer).

If you wanted to be completely sure, you'd have to format your computer. It's pretty easy and doesn't take long, and if you don't know how to do it, just ask a friend that understands a little bit of this stuff, or take it to a tech store.

• 2 months ago

I don't know your brother, it's possible.  The only way to be certain is by doing a clean install of windows.  It's pretty easy with a little guidance.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Change the BIOS password and administrator's (windows) password.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If he left remote access software on the computer, it's possible

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.