Anonymous

why do people always expect black people to take racism with a smile?

They always want black people not to fight back and such and come with the two wrongs don’t make a right bs propaganda if that is so true then why are people in the wrong to begin with people always act as if black people still have to prove themselves when you have thousands of black actors and such why do people always want black people to just sit there and do nothing when it comes to racism towards them anytime they fight back people always resort to calling them violent animals and such well if you start treating them like human fkn beings they won’t be so violent towards you.

because that's the mature thing to do.

By allowing it to bother you, you're enpowering racist and perpetuating racism.

• Craig

It's an unrealistic expectation, no matter if you're black, or if you're white, or no matter who you are.  NOBODY wants to be dealt with as though they have personally done whatever egregious flaw someone thinks their "race" is guilty of.

BUT

As adults, we've got to keep in mind whether what we do or say in the face of racism is going to improve our situation, or cause it to deteriorate.  That's not cowardice or knuckling under.  It's supposed to be calculated and constructive - not revenge-minded and destructive.  Make your actions in the face of racism part of a plan - not a plan to get back at the mf in front of you - but a bigger plan to end this sort of sh it for good.

("Two wrongs don't make a right" ISN'T propaganda, btw.  It's a teaching.)

Black people claim white history and rape thousands of white people every year. Screw black people and their so called problems. 

Yes sir, that's right.

That's exactly right.

I honestly have 0 clue, even those who arent raised racist (for example my family) still come out racist (my brother) and we don't understand it, some people (any race) just think that they are above others based on the color of their skin. I have met black people be racist to white people and its more common then you think.. Racism isnt just white people hating blacks (which is still NOT okay). I feel like its just one big cycle like someone says "oh well they are racist to me so ima be racist back!" and it just kinda hits off from there. I dont think that people expect black people to take racism with a smile (i mean people with a brain dont expect this..). If you are given racism I would suggest not giving into it because thats what they want, they want you to go crazy about it and keep you up at night. When I get racism I dont smile I just say "thats good for you, keep cryin" and walk away because they are just making themselves look like idiots. Good luck to you in the future and I hope this helped you even the slightest bit!

Why do people expect white people to take racism with a smile? I'm not sure what "racism" against blacks you think blacks face. If you can point to actual laws that single out blacks, I'm all ears. It's not blacks being deprived opportunities due to laws like affirmative action; whites are. And then when whites speak out against it, we're told tl be quiet. Do you think that's right especially in white nations like the USA of all places? I don't. If blacks feel they're not good enough, it's in their head.

• Craig

The racism that blacks face in places like the USA isn't written in laws any more. It's in things like how police follow you for no reason but you're black. How the judge send you to jail but lets the white kid who's done something worse off with probation. And how people look at & talk to you.

I don't expect that. I am White but was raised by parents who were not prejudice. I think racism is inexcusable, an abomination against the brotherhood of man, and NO cause for smiling.

• choko_canyon

"Prejudiced", not "prejudice".