Is it true those who have suffered an injury or illness, feel better right before they die?

My mom told me that people who have suffered from an episode of illness do not always necessarily have to feel sick before they die.

She gave me an example of one of our family members who had an episode of sickness.

That family left the hospital in good spirits . He was happy , and smiling/laughing telling jokes. He was energetic. His appetite was healthy as well as his mobility.

We thought everything was going to be okay. But then 48 hours later , he died.

My question is : Is this oftentimes the case ? Do people usually feel better , prior to their death?

• JJ

It's possible with painkillers, but who knows, maybe a human body can produce natural painkillers at the time of death.

I do not know why this phenomenon occurs, but a guy I knew felt great and went to a party and died three days later.

harrald

It is a rare occurance.