How come it seems like people get irradiated with me?

I am a vegan and been this way for 3 months now it has been difficult when I hear everyday "i'm afraid your not eating as much as you need i'm afraid your not getting the nutrients and proteins you need". And when i use to eat meat and everything else from meat it wasn't a problem.

• TBK

As far as I know im not emitting radiation. I've definitely been exposed to probably more than most people on here. (x-ray, not beta decay) 

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Just educate them, and you will find they probably will be quite surprised.

I am sure NO ONE becomes "irradiated" with you. lol

do you mean irritated?

THAT makes far more sense.

What makes you think they aren't right?

Either you mean irritated, or you are trolling.

People don't like militant vegetarians and vegans. That's because militant vegetarians (including militant vegans) are extremely annoying. I find it to be extremely annoying when some militant vegan nutjob calls "meat" murder. I'm a straight man who eats meat everyday. To call meat murder infringes on my rights. Here in the USA, it's a free country. As long as you are an adult, and not under your parents roof, you have the right to be vegetarian or vegan. You don't have the right to force that on someone else.

If you're a kid, and your parents don't want you to be vegetarian or vegan in their house, then get over yourself and grow up. Eat meat, if that's what your parents tell you to do.

If I was your father, I would not let you go vegetarian or vegan in my house. Veganism is associated with PETA. PETA is an organization run by a psychopath named Ingrid Newkirk. Militant vegans are extremely cult-like. Veganism is also associated with homosexuality - something else I'm extremely against, but that's another story. I'm a grown man, and I don't want that crap in my house.

Some people just worry when someone goes against the norm

First off I'm not a vegan nor am I a vegetarian. I hope however I can offer an answer. My dietary following plays little, to no role in what I'll say, from here on out, albeit to the annoyance of some, but so be it. There are two reasons why people could be getting irritated with you. The first is that you're constantly talking about having become a vegan. It's not so much the claim of they're feeling threatened, but that you're being mono topic. Which is a claim many vegans will and likes to make. Of course there are, and will always be those, who if they see someone that's not eating meat, or eating dairy and eggs, will get irritated, especially if they're not a vegetarian or a vegan. It's human nature when people do something different to get irritated.

As far as the whole not eating enough goes, lol, that's all to easy to beat, and without eating any type of junk food. Just eating three and a half ounces or one hundred grams of dry roasted almonds will be almost six hundred calories. As far as the missing nutrients claim goes, one and only one is NOT naturally available in any known plant/fungi based food, and that's vitamin B12. That's it and that's all. All of the rest are readily available IF YOU KNOW how and where to get them fini. Some such as calcium some love top claim is hard to find.

That serving of almonds I mentioned is an excellent source for, supplying twenty seven percent of the recommended daily amount. Iron is another SOME loves to cite. yes the bioavailability of that iron isn't as good as it is when it comes from meat. You'll need about two and a half times that from plant based sources. To get the most though either way, you still need a good source of vitamin C. For vitamin B6 an excellent source is a one hundred gram serving of a baked potato with the skin, will provide about sixteen percent of the recommended amount. For zinc another commonly cited nutrient let's go back to the almonds again with twenty four percent.

If they try to use protein, then one of two things. The first is they either didn't pay attention in health class, or dismissed what was taught, and has determined that science is wrong, based on whatever opinion based articles they read, that SEEMS TO SUPPORT what they've decided for fact as fact. Protein is important, but not so much the source. However protein in and of itself is of little actual meaning. What's more important are the essential amino acids molecules, that makes up a protein chain. However most protein is NOT stored  as protein, but broken down into the individual amino acids.

You don't have to eat specifics foods at the same time to have/make a complete protein chain. Which is contrary to what SOME claims as fact. Eat enough food, or more accurately calories, and you're going to get enough of each of the eight to nine essential amino acids. No one eats the same food all day, and even if they did, and they eat enough, they'd still get enough of each one, to meet the need for each one.

• Wendigo

which they can stand. Yes the mono topic part may stand out, but it's not the full scope of what's possible.

irradiated .. you mean like nuclear fall-out from uranium or plutonium radiation?

Maybe it’s that hunk of polonium in your pocket. Kinda radioactive ☢️ stuff. 

People aren't being irradiated by you.

Irradiated?   LOL!

• Amberella2 months agoReport

Yes they be like “ughhhh here you go”