Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 4 months ago

If you have no carpet/rugs in the house, will there still be dust?

Yes. Airborne dust comes from outside and dead skin cells come from occupants, bedding and upholstery fibres. Not having carpets means it is more difficult for floors to retain dust.

Carpets do not only contain dust, they hold a lot of dirt, odors and stains.

One typically does not realize how much dirt there actually is in a carpet oh, but you can count on it that there is pounds and pounds of dirt inside the fibers of the carpet.

I have wood floors and I sweep them very often and it shocks me how much dirt collection the dustpan. When I think about the amount of dirt that is lodged into a carpet it makes my stomach flip.

Dust lands on every surface regardless of what that surface is.

Yes, there will still be dust, but it is much easier to clean and keep dust at a minimum. Also, curtains and draperies should be washable (and periodically washed) to keep dust at a minimum.

Yes, your dead skin cells

There is dust everywhere but a perfect vacuum.

• Mandy

Yes.  There will still be dust.