promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

If i rob a bank, what are the odds i get caught?

Update:

Because i feel like ill be able to get away as long as theirs isn't a police helicopter on my ***. Im a pretty smart guy.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The odds are almost certain

1- Most banks have a silent alarm, that is located underneath the teller desk, its not visisble to the public. The minute someone comes in and makes it know they are robbing the bank, the teller presses the button, sending a signal to the police station, which is then forwarded to the closest officer. Cops would be on scene within 5 minutes or less, and would have all the exits blocked, you wouldn't make it very far!

2- Even if they don't have a silent alarm, all banks have CCTV's, which are located both inside the building and by the front enterance by the ATM machines! Cops would be able to see you on CCTV, and through various tactics, be able to not just identify you but track you down.

3- Odds are you won't use gloves during the commission of your robbery! This means your finger prints would be on the door you opened to get into the bank, probably the counter, and the note if you sent one to the teller.

You clearly aren't smart- A) You haven't even robbed a bank and are already gleefully bragging about doing it and not getting caught b) you seem to be under the very ignorant impression that you'll only get caught is if a helicopter is overhead seeing you in the process.

Go right ahead, you'd be tossing your entire life away in the process.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

To answer your question seriously, someone who is familiar with how banks operate (such as knowing how to tell which packet of money contains the dye-bomb) plus does all the smart things like wearing full cover clothes, a hat, a mask, and gloves so they can't even tell your ethnicity can probably get away with bank robbery in the USA once or twice unless they are very unlucky.  If you keep doing it then you are certain to get caught.  The average sentence for bank robbery in the USA is 20 years in prison - IF no one gets hurt or killed during the robbery.   

• 2 months ago

Very high. They take your picture before giving you the money. If you go in with a gun there is a good chance you will go out in a body bag.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

99.8% you'll be bunking with Bubba in no time

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Ask the FBI when they get there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I'm a pretty smart guy."   Yeah, I can tell.  Talking about it on the internet is genius.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well your odds of getting caught were sure lower before you POSTED A FREAKING QUESTION TELLING US THAT.

• 2 months ago

Almost 100 percent with modern technology, better chance with hacking of not being caught

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.