I ate two cooked burgers which were out of the fridge for five hours. Will I get sick?
Cooked today and five hours later I ate them. Will I get sick?
It's been like 4.5 hours since I ate it and I feel right as rain so obviously I'm not getting sick
- Nikki PLv 72 months agoFavourite answer
probably no. At least from the burgers. There is a slight possibility IF...
The meat was contaminated when you got it
You did not cook it fully (well done)
If there was bacteria in the meat that was not killed during cooking it is possible that there was enough to make you ill.
This also depends on your health status at the time.Next time you have leftovers put them in the fridge.
- ♥Sweetness♥Lv 72 months ago
If they were fully cooked you probably will be fine.
- Anonymous2 months ago
You might. Food should be cooked right out of the fridge, and cooked food should never sit out for more than 1-2 hours before throwing it away. Cooking destroys bacteria but does NOT destroy the toxins the bacteria have excreted .. these toxins are what makes you sick, and the longer bacteria has been growing, the more toxins the food has in it.
Of course the big question is whether or not bacteria came in contact with that meat at ANY point from the slaughter house up to the time it ended up on your plate. If not then you won't get sick.
The good news is that if there are harmful bacteria in them, you will probably vomit about 4-6 hours after eating, will continue to vomit every half hour for about 12 hours, be unable to hold anything down for another day .. but on the 3rd day will be able to hold down water and small bits of white bread .. and then recover completely by day 4.
It's not the end of the world.Source(s): the voice of experience