Fungus Gnat Infestation, Help?

I have a fungus gnats infestation in a tree of at a landlord house. Basically they look like mosquito, flies, and ant at the same time and a bit smaller than mosquitoes.  

At my landlords house there is a tree in the back yard that has been rotting in some parts of the tree, because parts of the roots of the tree seem to be cut.  

For some time these fungus gnat weren't even in the house until now. Now the tree seems to been infested with these annoying flying mosquito, ant, flies. I tried using insect repellents, cans, bug zappers, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and more BUT THERE IS NO END TO THIS PESTS, THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM ALL OVER THE TREE.   

They are coming from the tree, but I cant tell from where in the tree since I keep seeing them all over the tree and they keep moving into the shed on the side of the tree and few of them have been in the house. 

I need some help, advice, suggestions, assistance of all sorts of how can I get rid of this infestation? Many may say cut the tree down, call for an exterminator, and other stuff. I want to hear your solutions, what would you do, how would you do it, I WOULD REALLY A PPRECIATE THE HELP, PLEASE HELP.

Use neem oil mixed in warm water with a little dish soap. Spray it everywhere everyday until bugs are gone. This should work or at least greatly help. I've done it before.

one step at a time...call an exterminator and ask their opinion