With the current global pandemic in mind, what are you and/or your family’s main concerns?

dying- 74 years old

My main concern is my parents who recently retired. They aren't particularly old but my dad had a collapsed lung not too long ago. They, and most of my uncles and aunts, live outside the cities in rural regions and are effectively now cut off due to the 'lockdown'. My brother and I, along with my cousins, do shopping trips for them and wave and chat from the far side of the garden. 

I think its hard on older men like my dad and uncles who are from a generation who want to be out doing stuff. My dad is painting just about every room in the house out of sheer boredom. And he hates painting! My mam and aunts are going mad with no children or grandchildren dropping by.

Mind you ... they're now experts on Facetime, WhatsApp, and Zoom which I never thought I'd see. We had an online family table quiz over the weekend with each household having ordered lots of wine and beer. And Irish families are big ... we had 14 tables between aunts, uncles and cousins ... we spent about six hours at it ... the quiz fell apart and was replaced with chat, gossip, sharing of photos and videos.

The best was my sister in Boston and her husband joined in. And I got to see my nephew Liam who I haven't yet seen in person since I was supposed to be visiting them in April and probably won't be able to now.

Food and my degree is my concern.And I want my relatives and myself alive.

chillaxing....

• CAB

Not catching it would be very nice.