How much is maintenance for a Bentley Continental Flying Spur 2006?

I want to buy a $24,000 Bentley, but I don't know how much the maintenance will be?

How much is it?

Also, how often do you have to replace the parts or stuff?

For example,

oil change $ amount

Engine $ amount

etc.

• Barry

You can find all this out by phoning shops. Avoid Bentley dealers as they will make you poor. An oil and filter change on a Bentley should be no dearer than a similar size car. What will be eye watering is the cost of genuine parts and the labour associated to fit them.

Add another $24K to the price and you'll be driving a car in good operating condition. Parts alone can cost as much as a brand new domestic car.

• F

I’ve been tempted by Bentleys of that age. On the plus side they are very well made and some parts may be VW and so reasonable but some will be bespoke and extortionate.

It won’t have a Bentley warranty so you can avoid main dealer prices too, but I would seek an independent specialist.

My magic 🎱ball says....$18,834.98 exactly.

If it were me, I'd take that $24,000 and buy a 3 or 4 year old Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc.,  and I'd save a lot on maintenance costs.  But that's just me.

Bentley oil change at dealer:. $600-$800.

DIY: $150.

Battery(s):. $350.

Insurance:  if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Found one guy who was only paying $100 a month for Hagerty.  3,000 mile/year limit and can't be daily driver, garage stored, etc.  

• Ian K

$150.  Also, looking at several grand for simple things like shocks and struts, if you do it yourself...

The Continental is basically a reskinned VW Phaeton . . . . a VW dealer should be able to fix anything your corner shop cannot - but at a steep price.  A Bentley dealer will have outrageous prices.

The first thing you should have asked when you found this car was to see the complete service records since it was new . . . . likewise, when you sell it the next owner will want to see that it was properly maintained - and not by Pete, the fender pounder.

As J. P. Morgan once said! "If you have to ask, you can’t afford it".

• anon99%

JP Morgan funded hitler up to 1945 what did he know

• W

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. This is not a Kia.

• Noah2 months agoReport

I can afford the car, but the maintenance might be a little rough. I can handle it tho.

I don't know for sure but you can assume it will cost $24,000  a year for maintenance. 

Old Bentleys, like old Rolls Royces are dirt cheap for a reason. Colossal maintenance and repair bills as well as the terrifying fuel costs.