Car insurance quote ?

Why can’t I get an online car insurance quote from Geico or any other major insurer in Detroit? 

Because they don't want to insure you, that's why.

In this day and age, that's the only reason an insurance provider won't give you an online quote.  Something about you makes you an undesirable customer.  I don't know what it is, but it's definitely something.

I can get an online quote in minutes, in any location I move to.  But I'm old as dirt and have driven like a coward for over 30 years, my record is as clean as a nun's bedsheets, I pay my bills on time and I don't live in a rough end of town.  Insurance companies compete to insure people like me.

But you, for whatever reason, are not the kind of customer insurance companies want.  They're afraid you'll cost them money.  That's why their online quotes all say "Sorry, an error has occurred.  Please call our authorized representatives during business hours." instead of just showing you the price.  

• May

Why indeed.  I suggest that you ask GEICO or the other companies..  How would we know ?

• car253

Online quotes are never accurate.   Call and speak with a live insurance agent.   They are very knowledgeable and it does not cost extra.

Perhaps your not giving them al the information they need.

Companies need verifiable information like driver's license, owned vehicles, legal home address, age, sex, claims history.

You should be able to. Never heard of anyone who could not. Unless its SR22. Not all carriers will write that.  Car insurance is not cheap for young people with sports cars.