Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Relationship advice ?!?

I love my partner so much. But I just feel the last week has been a super rough week. He hasn’t made effort and has more wanted to play on a console with his friends so he hasn’t called me like he usually would which I understand he wants to play with them. But we argued the past week as I felt like there was no effort, yesterday we called and I got a bit annoyed because he said he was going and even tho we had been on the phone for an hour. He just snapped. And then we sorted that and he said sorry. I ordered a console so I can play with my friends and have something to do. But it’s like he would rather talk to them lately you know? And he called me today and I explained my food was ready, to which he said ‘oh I won’t be able to call you for the rest of the night then’ bare in mind this is like 5pm. And when I got annoyed he said he was joking, which he probably was but it made me feel sad. I know I have been clingy this week but I’m never usually. I just feel like he spends all day on the console to them and not half as much on the phone to me. Idk how to go about it. Do I just take it as he wants to do his thing and doesn’t wanna talk. Is my relationship just sh**

• Edna

Oh, for heaven's sake!  You can't expect him to talk with you on the phone every minute of the darn day. He's found something to occupy his time  during the day (his console), other than talking on the phone. Good for him. YOU find something to do to occupy your time too; and don't depend on him to entertain you with needless and meaningless phone calls.

He made time for you and you rejected him for dinner. You're both being a bit selfish and childish here.

• Archer

Stop chasing and get your own life going!

In all honesty, if he’s not making time for you, don’t make time for him. Fill your day with activities that you wanna do and keep your mind occupied. Give yourselves some space. It’s a been a rough week for everyone and we all have our different ways to cope with things. If his is to cut off and play online with friends, then that’s his choice. So do something that’ll help you cope in your own way.

You might have a great relationship but you do need to stop demanding that it be your source of entertainment during quarantine. An hour on the phone is a LONG TIME... that you are not satisfied with that strongly suggests that you are, bottom line, not satisfied with anything. It's not your bf's job to make COVID-19 "easier" on you. That's on you. Read good books, take walks when the weather is good, take up new hobbies and interests. Share something NEW when you speak with your bf.

sounds like he has a side piece hon..He's Emotionally Unavailable.. your partner doesn’t seem to be jumping at the opportunity to become your one and only.It takes two emotionally available partners to keep a relationship going. If you want a committed relationship, its good to know how to spot an unavailable partner so you can prevent future heartbreak.