Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why are most women not feminist?

Most women believe in gender equality.   Only a minority of women believe women should be advantaged over men.   

• Elana

Re Poker face:  By and large, we are (tolerant and open minded) - and we outnumber you.

• Connor

Because they don’t have to be. They all gave different views and not everyone agrees with them 

• ?

Here in UK it is sense of humour and horniness

Because most women are not stupid

• Bill

Most women in the US are feminists. Just because someone doesn't know what they are, doesn't care for the label of what they are, or want to admit what they are doesn't mean they are something besides what they are. 

Go up to any western woman and start asking her about feminist ideology and you will notice that just about all of them believe in it. As a traditional guy in the western world I have spent a good bit of time looking for a woman that is not a feminist and I can tell you from experience that they are very rare. 

• Poker face2 months agoReport

Define a non feminist heterosexual relationship

I think most are "feminist" in the classic sense of equal under the law.  But many turn away when questions of drafting women for Military Service, Pay for Housewives, & instituting a quota policy in hiring are brought up ....  But the ones that scream Feminist now are more divisive ....

• GB

'Feminist' has come to have negative connotations, as have many other feminine nouns, which originally had a neutral meaning.  My marriage certificate gives my husband's  condition as Bachelor  and mine as Spinster, showing  that for both of us it was a first marriage.  While bachelor has always had a care-free,  merry image - spinster  has not.  Spinster has now been replaced with an euphemism - bachelorette.  

In many countries,  women take for granted the rights that our fore-mothers fought for. These women may say they are not feminist. They may believe it, because to them 'feminist' means  being anti-male sometimes to the extent of not being able to love their sons!

A non feminist ' woman might follow  the tradition of  taking her husband's last name, but how many  think  that  her property should automatically become his?  She might choose to refrain from voting in local or general elections. If asked why, her reasons are likely to be the same ones that a man might give 'They are all the same'  'I couldn't decide.'  I have never known any women to say 'I didn't vote because I think women should not have that right. '

Feminism - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › FeminismFeminism is a range of social movements, political movements, and ideologies that aim to define, establish, and achieve the political, economic, personal, and social equality of the sexes.‎Feminist movements · ‎Feminist theory · ‎History of feminism · ‎Gender equality

• trumpetboy2 months agoReport

Bachelors have not always had a good image. People thought something was wrong with you. You were seen as unstable. It was common to face job descrimination.

I think it's because most people picture feminists being extreme when in reality that's not feminism. I'll admit I used to think feminists were crazy man hating women, but that's not true at all. I consider myself a feminist now that I've learned so much more, and we don't hate men. We don't want to be better than men. We just want to be treated like humans just like men are treated. 

Pretty sure most are, otherwise they're misogynistic against themselves. 

Honestly I just find the idea of feminism sexist. I also do not wish to be attacked by people because of it.

• Bill

@GB: When non-property owning men got the right to vote women were in fact intended to be part of that law, but feminists didn't want women to be drafted, and so as a result non-property owning women had to wait until the 19th amendment. 

False premise, most women ARE feminists.

• Toby2 months agoReport

What about do you think most women are active feminists.