Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Are the public turning against the Police in the UK for their heavy handed attitude towards lockdown?

It now appears that a lot of what they are doing is actually illegal. They can't stop people going in their cars to take exercise, or to limit exercise to 1 hour a day. Their so called new powers have not only gone to their heads, but have come back to bite them.

It not for them to decide policy. Give them a uniform and they become little Hitlers.

• Salty dog

"they would not force us to go to the shelters" You must you must be about 93 years of age Josef.

• F

They wouldn’t need to if people weren’t so stupid . I live in a sparsely populated part of the country and would be far less likely to have contact with anyone if I got in my car at home and drive to a deserted spot for somewhere for a walk, than walking from my house. However, if they let me do that , 1000s will go to well known beauty spots. 

Well it's all very odd really because if we call the non emergency police number 101 we are on hold for like 45 mins.

When we request their presence they say there is no police available.

And now there are 'police' everywhere telling us we are not allowed outside.

Very strange situation.🤔

People right now are very frustrated and worried.   And some jumped up policeman with a little extra authority DOESN'T HELP.   If one comes closer than 6 foot to my space, he'll hear about it!!     It doesn't take much to light the touch-paper at the moment.

However, the Gov. has asked people NOT to use their cars to go somewhere to exercise but to do that from home ..... so in that regard, the police are right.   But it still would help if they toned their requests down a tad.   Unfortunately there are some British people with a certain mindset, who won't be told.   And the rest of us who do, will have to pay for what these idiots think they can get away with - we'll be looking at curfews soon, with the military on the streets!!   Be warned - and behave.

• Salty dog

Yes put our own army on the streets.Now that they don't have Ireland, they could do with some rifle practise.

Well, those that go against the stipulated orders that the police have been give by the government due to the pandemic.Well,if you do so, then you must expect tobe sanctioned in some-way or other.

We can't have people making up their own laws -mind you, it would seem that the Tories do make laws that are more beneficent to themselves- however, if some police-officer cracks open your scull for not doing as you are told and the government say that's OK, Well there's not much you can do about it.The establishment has spoken and you do as you are told.

I can’t speak for the whole population, but they’ve got an awful lot of support from many people I know. Far more support than from an unelected Judge who mentions its against British traditions whilst supporting interfering with parliamentary proceedings which is certainly against the British tradition of the sovereignty of Parliament.

I’m not saying that these methods are always the best thing to do and may at times come across as heavy handed and I certainly believe that these methods should be rescinded as soon as the pandemic has run its course, but having a drone remind someone how selfish they are being isn’t exactly Chinese authoritarianism and a Judge may know the law but his/ her opinion isn’t an opinion of authority, rather those in authority are  the elected politicians, scientists and yes, the police who have to do the difficult job of implementing those policies the above want implementing 

• oscar2 months agoReport

I’m much angrier at people treating a lockdown as a holiday than I am at the police using a drone on them to remind them it isn’t.  Thankfully most people have got the message now 

No evidence of that.  They have a job to do, and have been given fresh guidelines to follow. A small minority of the public will no doubt act irresponsibly, so they will attract the publicity.

To hell with what the public think. Discipline must me maintained and non essential journeys thwarted.

The only time anyone should use their car is for transport for work or to go shopping, and the latter means to the nearest supermarket.

Exercise should be kept local with a maximum radius of five miles from home whether running or cycling. 

I believe police powers should be increased and anyone using a car for pleasure should have it seized and crushed. That will teach those idiots who defy the law. 

Stay at home means just that. 

STAY AT HOME! 

Obay. 

Source(s): Dianne on 🐑 ⌚.

Well the British people are no Angel's they have behaved disgustingly as the shopping figures go through the roof and others struggling for basic things . And the government finally rolling out gear and tests 3 months late is appaling . And this lockdown will be very difficult to keep as the tedium starts people snapping fear of arrest will have to be used as peoples sanity is pushed to the limit 

Not all police are that way but some of them are dickheads and the lockdown is like handing the keys to the headmaster's office to the playground bully.