What do you say to someone who has a high school diploma and a college degree, but hasn't been able to find a job as of yet?

Let's say this person has NO job experience and NO useful job skills (or very little jobs skills).

The person graduated from college in 2012 and majored in either film, art or psychology.

How can you help this person get a job during the pandemic?

• Sandy

jobs in those areas are hard to come by. so this person needs to take any job to get experience in the work place.

Volunteer at the place(s) you would like to work. That's what I did. I volunteered at a library years ago and worked my way and continued my education (Masters in Library & Info Studies) so today I am a librarian.

• Scott

I would say there's no valid reason to have not been working the past 8 years. Any prospective employer will see those 8 lost years on a resume and file it in the trash can.

• DEBS

If they haven't found a job in the past 7+ year since graduating college, there is very little chance they will find a job during the current economic situation.

• Maxi

So what has this person been doing for the last 8 yrs? Why do they have no experience, either paid or volunteering

• Kyle

they can always join the military.  with their college degree, they could apply for officers training.  but they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related.  including jobs in media.  but you only get a certain job if you qualify for it via the ASVAB, and if it's in demand.  a recruiter will have more info.  

Grocery stores and delivery services are hiring large amounts of people.

Amazon and grocery stores are hiring.