promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do you say to someone who has a high school diploma and a college degree, but hasn't been able to find a job as of yet?

Let's say this person has NO job experience and NO useful job skills (or very little jobs skills).

The person graduated from college in 2012 and majored in either film, art or psychology.

How can you help this person get a job during the pandemic?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

jobs in those areas are hard to come by. so this person needs to take any job to get experience in the work place.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Volunteer at the place(s) you would like to work. That's what I did. I volunteered at a library years ago and worked my way and continued my education (Masters in Library & Info Studies) so today I am a librarian.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would say there's no valid reason to have not been working the past 8 years. Any prospective employer will see those 8 lost years on a resume and file it in the trash can.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If they haven't found a job in the past 7+ year since graduating college, there is very little chance they will find a job during the current economic situation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So what has this person been doing for the last 8 yrs? Why do they have no experience, either paid or volunteering

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they can always join the military.  with their college degree, they could apply for officers training.  but they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related.  including jobs in media.  but you only get a certain job if you qualify for it via the ASVAB, and if it's in demand.  a recruiter will have more info.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Grocery stores and delivery services are hiring large amounts of people.

• 2 months ago

Amazon and grocery stores are hiring.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.