cant get fujitsu lifebook e485 to go back to factory settings I do not have a recovery cd?

If all you wanted was to go back in time a bit, possibly you could run system restore from Windows.

If you want to recover exactly to Fujitsu factory settings, the only way is with Fujitsu media.  If your Lifebook has a recovery partition, boot to that, and start recovery.  If there is no recovery partition, then you'll have to somehow obtain a recovery CD.

On the other hand, if all you want is an operating system, you probably would be able to install stock Windows 10 on it, and use the license key on your sticker.  Here was how I did it.  I leave it as an exercise to you to determine your legal eligibility.

Another choice is to start fresh with another operating system such as Ubuntu Linux.  This could be installed right alongside your existing Windows.  If you find that you like the Linux better, you could start primarily using that (which is what I do).  Windows is still there, and you can boot to it on those rare occasions that you really need to do something.

• David

Probably, but you need to tell us which operating system - windows 7, 8 or 10 before we can advise further

get a recovery disk from the company.