promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How safe is spermicide?

I want to have sex with a guy without a condom and allowing him to finish inside without the risk of pregnancy. I'm in the process of getting the birth control implant but it's looking like I'll get it right before moving 3 states away and we wont get the chance. Will spermicide protect me? Is it worth the chance? Teenage pregnancy is my worst nightmare so if I'm likely to get pregnant he'll have to just deal with it. No way am I taking a big chance for that **** and getting pregnant.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Don't take spermicude. Take whole milk. This rapidly lowers testosterone levels like no other. That's why I drink ultra pasteurized nonfat milk! Keeps me macho at 79!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's not guaranteed. You can still get pregnant

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not. Spermicide is meant to be used in combination with a barrier method. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Spermicide used alone is only about 70% to 80% effective at preventing pregnancy (if it's even that good), so don't rely on it.  

Until the implant is inserted, use a condom if you want the guy to "finish" inside you without the risk of pregnancy. After the implant is in place, he can "finish" inside you without a condom any time he wants to. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Abortion is another option

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Spermicide by itself is not highly effective.  Combine it with a condom and the chances of nothing getting pregnant go way up.

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As a stand-alone method, it's like 80% effective. Not good.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You would have 20-30% chance of pregnancy. Not good odds for a teenager whose worst nightmare is pregnancy.

• Joemama2 months agoReport

Noted, thanks

• 2 months ago

You can get an STD and a baby.

• Joemama2 months agoReport

Not worried about an std w him, but it sounds like spermicide doesnt do much 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.