promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

what’s wrong with my cat?

my 6 month old cat has begun to start acting weirdly. it started last night when she began to crouch low to the floor and start to make sounds like a cry. she’s been doing the same thing all day, then starts to roll on the floor and looks like she’s trying to itch her butt or something. then when i picked her up and put her down i noticed there was a wet spot on my shirt from her, so i looked and her urinary tract opening seemed to be leaking a liquid? i called the vet and without looking at her, they gave us a prescription to help with uti’s. it does sound like it could be a uti as symptoms she’s having is licking her genitals and it’s clear she’s in discomfort. however i do not know what her urine is like yet to see if it matches with other symptoms. i’m just worried about her and it makes me sad seeing her in pain :( and especially at a time like this when i’m trying to stay quarantined it’s hard to get her to a vet. thank you for your help. and btw: i do have another cat who is 9 years older. they share the same food, water, and litter if that matters. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

She is in heat.  She will continue this every 3-4 weeks until she is spayed.  Do not let her outside to get pregnant.  Plan on spaying as soon as possible.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

let her play with toys to get her mind of trying to find a mate

yea keep her inside dont let her out , yea all females do this it goes away in a few days , nothing to worry about

• 2 months ago

Sounds like your vet answered your question and prescribes meds. Give it to the cat!

• 2 months ago

Your cat is very young.  I hope that by now you have purchased the medicine from the Vet.  Why don't you want to take the advise of the Doctor?  I know you are quarantined, but medicine is one of the reasons you are allowed to go be outside.   

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She's in heat. She'll be better in about a week. In the meantime, make sure she doesn't come in contact with any male cats. Once the quarantine is over, make an appointment to get her spayed.

• art
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

she is on her period and in "heat"

• 2 months ago

shes in heat and looking for love in all the wrong places.

get her fixed.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If the cat is not spayed then it in heat, and if you do not get her spayed then you will soon have a pregnant cat.

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

if concerned take to vet

• call your vet first and tell them whats going on they may need you to take her in just in case

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.