Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

How do i help my 14 year old daughter?

She wants to try out for cheerleading because she thinks it will make her popular and liked by boys. She wears braces, glasses, and is not very athletic or flexible. She can t even do a cartwheel or jump no more than ankle length. She3 has blue eyes, brown hair, small nose, oval shaped face, and clear skin lol. She gets teased by one of the girls that is also trying out and she will start high school in August. The girl cyberbullies her on instagram and the girl was recently on the middle school cheer team. My daughter won t understand thst these kids are not her friend and that maybe cheer isn t for her but there are other activities such as Theatre, Tennis, Band, Soccer, etc. The tryouts this year are virtual tryouts through an app since school is closed for the rest of the semester. My child acts like I am stupid but I was in her exact shoes many years ago. Am I wrong for encouraging her to pursue other activities?

yes, i think you are wrong for telling her not to do it. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. for me, confidence is the most attractive feature in a woman and most real men feel the same. though if she is in bad shape she will probably not make the cut, it is the attempt that matters. this is something she has to learn herself.

Stop pedos from approaching her

• mokrie

No kid will listen to adult logic. Tell her to watch videos of what the cheerleaders do. Then tell her to try doing the routines. If you can film her then she can watch herself and see how she compares. She may need a year of gymnastic training before even trying out. Let her realize on her own that she isn't physically fit enough.