Why does everyone scream at me to stop riding a bike?

Am I THAT bad?

I just nearly made a u turn to cut him off. Another time I was on the sidewalk and then I started riding on the side of the street. On another occasion... I cut someone off who was making a left hand turn on a one way street.

If you're truly serious about this question & not a TROLL - yes, you are that bad!  A) Sidewalks are for pedestrians, not cyclists.  Why do ya think it's called a sideWALK?  In many parts of the country, it's highly illegal.  

B) Do you ride as straight as possible, not weaving back 'n forth?  When you do need to turn, do you use hand signals?  When on the street, do you ride 5 feet or so away from the curb at all times?  1) You avoid road debris (sharp objects) that could cause a flat tire.  2) It gets you SEEN by motorists.  When going around parked cars, signal in advance you need to move over & again leave at least 5 to 6 feet of space.  Avoid suddenly opening car doors when drivers DON'T LOOK first.  

C) You can take classes either online or in person from Cycling Savvy.  https://cyclingsavvy.org/

D) There's a 3 part series on YouTube entitled Cyclist's Eye View.  I'll supply part 1.  Parts 2 & 3 can be easily found.  I highly suggest you watch all of them.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjCza5e1kw

Youtube thumbnail

• Carlos

By everyone elses comments you need to watch these videos send  by Old Hippie and learn to ride a bicycle or drive properly .

Perhaps someone was worried you may fall or crash into someone or something.

Perhaps someone thought your bike was malfunctioning.

Do you obey all traffic laws and ride in the street where bicycles are suppose to?  Your question is very vague.

As suspected you are what's considered a bad cyclist. 

1) Learn what traffic laws apply to you.

2) Get helmet mirrors so that you're aware of what's happening behind you. 

3) Use hand singles to communicate with other vehicles.   

4) Ride in a predictable manner.

Until you adapt the habits that have been suggested, you're a danger to yourself and others.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.

You ran over a chihuahua.