Is the government allowed to call its property "private property", even though we the taxpayers paid for it?

Can they restrict its use, even though we supplied them with the money via taxation?

They can restrict its use. And, in many cases, they have to restrict its use. For example, they can't let you wander around somewhere that they are storing bombs or radioactive materials, for obvious reasons.

That's like asking.. WHY can you not go camping on NANCY PELOSI's Property without going to jail for trespassing..SHE wants open borders for everyone except for her own property then its call the cops your trespassing and arrest you and haul you off.

Yes they can and they do.

• magnetite2 months agoReport

That sounds like stealing though. I give them $10 to buy me something (example). They buy it, and instead of giving it back to me to use however I like, they keep it and tell me when and how I can use it.

All government property is public property. However, because of "national security" or "public trust" or whatever, the government can restrict lands it is the caretaker of.

One of the biggest contradictions among "public lands" are Wilderness Areas which are regulated to keep the public out.

• magnetite1 month agoReport

In my country, it's the other way around. Government property is private property based on the "right to exclude". That could apply to anything though. Exclude cars from using sidewalks? Private property. Pedestrians excluded from walking down the busy streets and roads? Private property.

• John

I am a victim of eminent domain. To build a dam and no dam was ever built. Land speculation, pure and simple.

They can restrict access and use.

We should be able to walk into Area51 and take a p*ss there if we like.

• magnetite2 months agoReport

Well that's a military installation, it's a bit different than a bus stop or hospital the government owns. Only authorized personnel are allowed there.