promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Help with insurance payment????

hey guys I got a really weird question to ask.  So do to the Codiv 19 i couldn't work.   So i put a few payments on hold,   ny phone bill and my insurance.

But can i drive even if i put my insurance on hold for a month.   Any advice??????

9 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some companies are giving extensions on making the payments.   The one I work for, which is the best, is giving extensions to pay and are not cancelling the policy for an extra month without payment.   So, call and ask your auto insurance company or agent.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can ask, but it's highly unlikely that your auto insurance company is going to allow you to defer any of your monthly premiums and still keep your insurance coverage in effect.  

• car253
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Some companies are deferring payments. 

• 2 months ago

If you are on monthly instalments for your car insurance; pay them. Insurance companies are the least charitable of all.

Speak to your insurance company before you withhold payment but don't expect any help from them.

• 2 months ago

do not risk it ..i have not heard about it ..if in doubt ..dont 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • bo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

talk with your insurance agent

• 2 months ago

If your car is on the road you need to insure it. If a car isn't insured you can't drive it.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Call your insurance company and ask.  They're the only ones who can give you an answer on this that actually counts.  I'm sure you're not the only one who can't pay right now.  Just don't be surprised if they say "Too bad, we want our money.  But we're here for you".

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not legally. If you get caught, you'll be fined. If you're in a wreck, you'll be paying out of your pocket. If you don't pay your insurance the insurance company has to notify your DMV and your plates will be suspended. It will cost you much more to insure your car in the future.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Call the insurance company and let them know your situation and they will probably give you a grace period but don't just risk driving without coverage.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.