Mika asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Why doesn't my teacher like me?

I have a feeling my teacher doesn't like me and shows in subtle ways. I'm always early in class, go above and beyond in homework practice and am very disciplined in class. But whenever he praises other's works, he never says anything about mine. Or when I contribute to class discussion, he just says yep and moves on while with others he always says "great point" and expands on it. There's one student he really favors - the student isn't bad or naughty at all, but he isn't as disciplined as you should be: he won't come early, he'll struggle a lot and he'll lose focus easily. And yet anytime he says something in class or does any activity, the teacher will always find something to praise him with.

Why is this? Is there anything I could do to change this? Thanks

It's perfectly possible that your teacher doesn't think you need encouragement and flattery the way the others do. Your work is already so good he doesn't need to comment, and so are your contributions in discussion.

Yes, it would be nice if he occasionally said something pleasant to you, but he may think you'd find it condescending.

Teachers are humans, and make mistakes too.

• August

I think you have already answered you question as you say that others give more concise answers 

If what you say is true, that this teacher only like one student well.  That right there is a strike against the teacher.  That is like playing favorites and only liking one, especially one who isn't " all that ". So I think you should just " let it go" and consider the teacher " below standards". 

you need to ask your teacher this question

maybe you need to ask him this question

Teachers are human beings and subject to all the faults that people have. You might be right, your teacher may be giving into his base emotions. You may just simply rub him the wrong way. Which I'm certain is not deserved.

In a perfect world, teachers would not, and should not, play favorites, but they do. I experienced the same thing in high school.

Years later, I'm a successful special effects artist for Film/TV, and that teacher's behavior had no effect on my life at all. Move on and succeed.

Yes, you can suck the teachers penis off each morning.

just.. don't ask questions like that on here pal