Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 6 months ago

Is it possible to survive a mega tsunami over 30 feet?

Maybe on the 4th floor of a very stable building?

Yes, stand on a Mountain top

Source(s): Alpaca my bags
  • D g

dont be in its PATH 

I would think a mega- tsunami would be hundreds or thousands of times higher, hence the "mega" prefix.

• Tom S

I would, I live over 600 miles from an ocean at an altitude of over 5000 ft.

• John

South of San Francisco in healthy times there is a surfing competition when the 30 foot waves come. Most years but not every year. North Shore in Hawaii gets them every winter. No, a Mega Tsunami is more like 100 foot waves and more. A different beast entirely.

You certainly can survive, provided you are far enough inland and/or high enough to avoid being caught in the water.

Pretty simple.

Depends on where you are:

Santa Monica pier--perhaps

Santa Monica beach--perhaps not

Mt. Wilson--yes

Pacific Coast Highway--no

Yes.  30 feet is not a mega tsunami.   (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWzdgBNfhQU

Youtube thumbnail

)  The wall between the bay and the city was higher than 40 feet and it was over topped by meters of water.  Please watch the 2011 tsumami in Japan.  the Nova progam was fabulous.

Very unlikely . . . . ..