Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why doesn't Y!A allow you to appeal?

when your question is reported and deleted anymore?

You used to get an email notification and then an option to appeal prompting a manual review of the case but now the question just disappears and you don't even know until you check your question list.

What is the reason for this change in procedure?

@Donnie Porko - It's annoying because you can spend a few minutes posting a perfectly fine question and get some great answers but by the time you can select BA it's gone for no goo reason.

@Quentin - They should then not allow anything to be reported/deleted at all by the community.  And instead pay 1 or 2 people to go through and manually delete content they feel is objectionable don't you think? 

You have to use the Alternative Appeal Form. Whether it works or not is unknown.

To Appeal go here

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=conta...

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the instructions from there.

• Daniel

Yahoo still Allows you to Appeal Email Notifications are Broken Currently and Yahoo does not seem to care to Fix it

To Appeal you have to use there Alternative Appeal Form

Here is the Link to It

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the Instructions from there

• Daniel

Dont call that number it is a Scammer 

• Zirp

It's safe to assume that VERIZON wanted to cut costs. Reviewing appeals requires human personnel, and costs money. By no longer sending notifications about deletions, the number of appeals was slashed

• You can appeal a deleted post using the help menu.  Click on Contact Us.  I use it many times to report questions I get deleted by one of the users here.  Disregard that it doesn't work.  It does and I have won many posts which was removed.  The person saying you can not is the one doing the reporting so beware.

You CAN still appeal by going to yo the abuse and spam Yahoo help pages. Yahoo/Verizon dropped sending out report notice and violation notice emails over 2 and 3/4 years ago. Most appeals are probably denied automatically.

You CAN appeal, but most people do not know HOW to appeal or the correct current email addresses for customer cate and Verizon.

The acting CEO laid off 14% of the Sunnyvale staff a week before Easter IN 2012. That was almost 8 YEARS ago. That was AFTER most of the research and development staff had already been laid off to eliminate the coat of those salaries,and wages. A month later the a ting CEP was forced to resign by ths executive management team because he lied on his résumé about having a bachelor's degree on computer science. Eventually the executive management team of Yahoo Inc., probably in desperation, approached Marissa A. Mayer who was,5 the from the the top at Google. Her Lh.D. from Stanford is in computer graphics. Yahoo continues to sell proprty equipment and lay off or fire  staff. She took over in 2013. Then the Yahoo investors and stockholders, tired of losing money steadily since the dot.com crash in 1997, revolted in July, 2014. Yahoo Inc. sold off all of its stock over 4 days in mid September, 2014 and put itself up for sale. 

It's YEARS later and false, outdated, wrong information and speculation is still being posted on YA. 

I think the whole report/delete process is broken.   I think reports these days just get deleted.  I've insulted people deliberately in the politics and religion sections (those who have abused ME) just trying to draw a complaint, and I haven't seen any.

I can't say when this began because I don't keep track.  But before I noticed this, it seemed like many of my answers were 'reported' just at random!  I got answers supposedly reported, and deleted, that I had no idea why they were.  Requests for appeals might go either way, but most never got a response either way.

Yahoo, ALL of Yahoo, is only a ghost of what it used to be.  I'm sure budgets for Yahoo Answers have been slashed.  The program seems to run on automatic these days.  You can just say whatever you want!  (And people DO!)

Everyone was appealing. Since most deletions are due to trolls reporting questions they just don't like or disagree with the politics rather than the question, or answer, being against the rules there was a high rate of successful appeals. The removal process is automatic so costs nothing but the appeal was done by a human who had to be paid, even though it was a Third Word rate of pay even that was considered too much when Y!A almost went under due to Marissa Mayer and it had to be sold off to Verizon who then started cost saving measures. So they ditched the human appeals reviewers.

Probably because whole bunch of people appeal their violation and the employees can’t handle the workload. You can still ask questions even if you have 0 points so who cares if you got a violation. 

• Scott

We don’t know.  It might be a cost savings measure.