She has test twice a semester.

She has test twice half-yearly.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Vivian
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

If either sentences would have that word "test" to be similar, then it would need "a" in front of it. Without "a", then the word should be plural, "tests", for: "She would have tests twice a semester". 

• Vivian
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Oh, I meant for that word "similar" to be "singular". But thanks for having my answer as a favorite!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Test should be pluralized (tests) and, with that change, either could be correct.

• 2 months ago

She has tests twice a semester. OR (more common in American English) She takes tests twice a semester. OR (in British English) She sits exams twice a semester.

The second sentence doesn't work at all. A semester is NOT half a year. In American English at least, we never say "half-yearly" for anything. 

• 2 months ago

You said: She has test twice a semester. AND She has test twice half-yearly.

I would say: She takes tests twice a year. AND She takes tests twice half-yearly.

Now, I would pick the first sentence. It sounds much better and is more common to say it that way.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The first is more correct, but remember to say "she has testing..."

• 2 months ago

Both are incorrect in terms of grammar. It should be 'a test' or 'tests'. And then we still don't know which one conveys the meaning you want, because those sentences say different things.  

• Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Neither is correct, and if they were, they mean different things.

People don't have tests. They have exams or take tests. (I know, English! So illogical.)

Schools' grading periods are divided up into academic years (usually eight or nine months total time, including school vacations), and each academic year is further divided into semesters, two sections, or sometimes trimesters.

She has exams twice a semester = She takes tests twice a semester.

That would mean that she is tested four times per academic year.

• Norman
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

……..a test...…...

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Neither of those sentences are constructed correctly.

• Quentin
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Neither of those sentences is constructed correctly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.