promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are EPL players greedy and selfish?

They should take 60 percent paycut for the club during pandemic if they do nothing all day and to keep balance the financial of EPL?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If they pay their UK taxes in full , why should they donate their wages. to the NHS. They will have paid a lot more than you. 

If they get paid into offshore accounts , they should be shamed into paying up.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mario
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Footballers are horrible people that's why. However, I would direct more of my ire at elite billionaires and the royal family who are far richer than footballers and do just as little to help.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Three (3) Prem clubs have asked the government to help pay the wages of non football playing staff - while the players remain on full wages. Absolute disgrace.

• F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The owners of these clubs are far richer than the players but gave escaped most of the flak.

• CMD
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

512 players in the PL, average salary is £3m a year, or £57k a week.

If every player was to donate £50k, or the average weekly wage, that would generate £25.6m in one week.

Ronaldo gives, 5 yes FIVE ventilators to a hospital, which have a total cost of around £40k…yet a few days later he gets a £8.5m car.

La Liga runs some stupid online concert with a bunch of Spanish pop stars performing and a bunch of La Liga players doing interviews and raises £577k….about half the amount Messi gets per week.

Footballers are vile and, like most rich people, can not see the world outside of themselves. Nearly all of their apparent acts of kindness are done for show, and if you criticize you are told that it is better than nothing.

• ...Show all comments
    • F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I hate celeb fundraisers. They plead for money from average people when they could raise 10x as much just dipping into their pockets. They are just ego trips.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ronnie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Well if you hire a bunch of foreign mercenaries that are only there for cash in the first place this is what happens, I don't blame them honestly. If it was convenient for the club they'd drop the player no problem so I don't see why players are expected to be extra-loyal when they have no real ties to a club. 

• August
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Some players are earning over £400,000 per week and £20 m can buy a lot of equipment for the NHS. Its about time all of the super stars made a decent contribution to varies charities  I know some already do

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are they doing nothing? If they are, they will end up on the bench and out of a job pretty quickly when things start back up. Professional athletes need to stay in top shape all the time. That is a huge part of their jobs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.